Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

AJ 's fraction scribepost

Textbook pages 228-229

11.) In a comedy review, each performer has a 1/4 h slot. How many performers are there in a 2 h show? 



I answer this question by using manipulatives method. The answer for this question is 8 performers.


12.) It takes 2 1/2 scoops of flour to make one cake. How many cakes do 15 scoops of flour make?




To answer this question first thing that you need to do is to change the mixed fraction to improper fraction.
then use the same method as the first one.The answer  for this question is 6 cakes.

13.) Three quarters of a can of apple juice fills six glasses. How many glasses will a whole can of apple juice fill?  



The answer for this question is 8 glasses.

Here is the video on dividing fractions using the manipulatives method.



My test corrections.

My first mistake was on the question. In computer technology, a bit is 1/8 of a byte. how many bits equal in 16 bytes? I multiply it instead of dividing it.

the  correct answer is 128 bytes.

My another mistake was on the question. Tamar ha 1/2 of an apple pie in her refrigerator. she ate 1/4 of this piece of pie. What fraction of a whole pie did she eat? I divide it instead of multiplying it.

the correct answer is 1/2 x 1/4 = 1/8

My other mistake is the second question on bottom I solve it right but I don't now how to draw it.This picture show you how to draw it correctly.


And my last mistake is the last question at bottom I don;t know how to draw it. this picture show you how to draw it correctly.





No comments:

Post a Comment