Ratio - A pair of numbers that compares different types of units. eg.
Rate - A ratio that compares different kinds of units. eg. miles/hour
Proportion - A relationship that says two rates equal each other eg, 2/3=6/9
Copy these questions into your post. Answer them using proportion statements.
- 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h. 1. 300 mins/360 km = 60 mins/ 72 km
- Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week? 2. 28 cents/ 100 cents = 268 cents/ 7500 cents.
Part 3What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
3/4 x 4 = 12/16, 12/16 divided by 4 = 3/4 , so for the last one is cross multiplication . so the 3 in 3/4 x the 16 in 12/16 = 48 and the 4 in 3/4 x the 12 in 12/16 = 48
4/9 x 4 = 16/36 which is not true so it is false . or it just doesn't work for these numbers.
Part 4Find a video about using proportion and embed it in your post. Make sure you select the small size of the video. (Bonus Marks if you make your own video about proportion and embed it)
at about 5 minutes he starts talking about something different but the first 5 minutes its Proportion
We are starting to engage in discussions about social justice. What do you think about this image below. Use the link to copy it into your post. Then answer the questions
- Does this seem fair? No because the homeless man is going to prison for 180 months for stealing $100 , and the CEO is going to jail for 40 months for stealing $3 billion. theres a big loop hole there.
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? no because 180 months/ $100 and 40 months/ $3 billion just looking at it doesnt look fair.
- Why have you made this choice? because it makes common sense of what i just said.
- What would you have done if you were the judge? i would of been reasonable and gave the homeless man a reasonable time in jail like 40 months in jail and for the CEO would have gotten 180 months in jail or more.
How tall is these trees compared to this average teenager?
Well first of all this boy looks around 12 years old so that average height is about 5 feet.
And this boy is about 4 times that tree on the right so the tree is about 20 feet tall. Because 5 x
4 = 20 feet.