Ratio- pair of numbers that compares different type of units.
Rate- Compares two quantities measured in different units.
Proportion- is an equation that shows that two ratios are eaqual to each other
Copy these questions into your post. Answer them using proportion statements.
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h.
Divide 360 by 5 then you will get 72 so the they probably traveled 72km/5 hours
2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
28 times 75 = 2100 so she earned $2.10 cents
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
1) you can multiply them Ex, 3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
2) You can cross multiply
3) you can find out if they are equivalent like 4/9 htey are not.
Find a video about using proportion and embed it in your post. Make sure you select the small size of the video. (Bonus Marks if you make your own video about proportion and embed it)
We are starting to engage in discussions about social justice. What do you think about this image below. Use the link to copy it into your post. Then answer the questions
1) NO because its just a homeless man with nothing maybe he had no choice.
2)None of them.
3)Because i feel sorry for him
4)Just let him off with a warning since he is just a homeless man.